Profile Picture

Having Trouble with Oil Leaks from Rocker Covers

Posted By oldcarmark Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I have the Cast T-Bird Rocker Covers. Changed the Gaskets. Still getting Oil Drips from lower Rear Corner of the Covers. Are there some Gaskets preferred over others?  Are "Best" Gaskets better than others? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Having Trouble with Oil Leaks from Rocker Covers By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post I've had excellent results with the one and only pair of thick... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post As usual I didn't completely read the initial post. If the covers... By MoonShadow ( Last Year )
Forum Post Sadly no is making he neoprene gaskets. They really worked best. Cast... By Robs36Ford ( Last Year )
Forum Post Deleted By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post I glue the gaskets to all the cast aluminum covers I’ve used. Then... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post John Mummert lists the Neoprene Ones on his Website. As a matter of... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post FWIW, this is the way I do my Thunderbird aluminum valve covers and... By Daniel Jessup ( Last Year )
Forum Post The Best Gasket full set of gaskets includes two different pair of... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks Ted. I didn't know the early Gaskets are thicker than the later... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post Update. Still dripping Oil after blowing out drain Backs. Oil is not... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post Anyone use Gasgacinch? I wish this question was posed a week ago,... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post Both heads have s drain hole at both ends. The drivers side head... By Robs36Ford ( Last Year )
Forum Post No just regular pressure. I have used Air to blow out the Drains at... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post It's odd that both covers are leaking. Is it possible they have... By Robs36Ford ( Last Year )
Forum Post Its just the One on the Left Side. Dripping down the side of the Head... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post Those end holes at both ends of the head go into the lifter valley if... By Joe-JDC ( Last Year )
Forum Post Hi Joe. I just took it apart again. Using a piece of Coat Hanger Wire... By oldcarmark ( Last Year )
Forum Post Tim McMaster has a YouTube of an engine running with the rocker arm... By DryLakesRacer ( Last Year )
Forum Post If the oil system is modified to increase the amount of oil to the... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]Ted (6/30/2023)[/b][hr] If the oil system is modified... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post ... I'm wondering if the Rocker covers purchased from Speedway were... By PF Arcand ( Last Year )
Forum Post I have had similar trouble. I took both (aluminum) valve covers off... By Kingfisher ( Last Year )
Forum Post Have these covers ever not leaked? are they new? Are they aftermarket,... By 1946international ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter