Profile Picture

Moonshadow 2023 Y-Block shootout.

Posted By MoonShadow Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Vast improvement with no more wheel hop. A set of drag radials did the trick, after some massaging of the inner fender panels for fit. The Vicky is hooking hard and dropped the 60ft times to 2.1. Still working on launch and consistency. Best time was down from 14.85 to 14.26 at 97.8mph. Not sure why I slowed down and went quicker? Shifting at around 5000 I was hitting 5200 in 3rd gear just before the quarter. Next I'll move the rpm up to 5500. Lights were in the 0.18 range. That also needs worked one attempt to launch at more than 1200 rpm caused the front tires to push through the lights. Maybe a higher stall converter would help. I thought mine was a 2500 but that doesn't seem to be true. Anyway good news good racing and a great time had by all.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/acc2f061-ceb3-4225-b228-2d56.jpg

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Great news Chuck on the improvement - I certainly missed being out there with you guys. Do you have a target ET you are trying to hit?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Anything in the 13's will be good. Car was running very well so I'm not sure what to do next. More RPM may be in the plans.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
Great looking Victoria.  My first Ford was a '56 Fairlane Victoria, baby blue and white.  Drove it in high school and college, and dated my wife to be of 57 years in it.   On the car pushing through the lights, it looks like you have street type tires that are short on the front.  The car would work better with the tallest tire you can get on the front, and still keep it fairly narrow.  It would help with braking, roll out, staging deep, and slowing down at the end of the track.  The nose down attitude is cool looking, but short front tires are a detriment for drag racing.  Also, short shifting to second might surprise you if you hit at the peak of the torque curve with the shift point and run it out in second gear.  Run 45-50psi in the front tires, and make sure the front end alignment is fresh for more speed and better et.  Joe-JDC

JDC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter