Profile Picture

Thunderbird valve cover decal

Posted By DryLakesRacer Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Maybe a strange request. I recently saw a photo posted on the HAMB of a row of what appeared to be 1956 YBlock on an assembly line. They are at the end of the line and look to be ready for installation. The first one is a Thunderbird, you can see the rear sump pan, no side breather, fuel pump without a glass bowl, and a glass bowel filter leading to the carb, and other items that make it a T-Bird. The next one looks like a car model. 
My question pertains to the Thunderbird black steel rocker cover and the decal on it. It is not a sharp photo and hard to see details but appears to be like the center of the cast aluminum but larger. I personally have never seen a black set on a Thunderbird so I’m not sure of the size. 2 suppliers list a decal that resembles what I see in detail. Does anyone know if the available ones are a true copy of what would have been on a Thunderbird without the dress up aluminum covers. A photo of one of the take offs, with I’m guessing most became would be great. Thanks 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter