Profile Picture

y block vibrations

Posted By blocky Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
hi all,, i have a rebuilt Y 292  that vibrates through the car at about 30-50 MPH.  all the usual machining was done including line honing the block and crank and cam would spin well by hand.  rods and pistons facing right way  ,, changed the balancer again,  static balance on flywheel and pressure plate, pulled gearbox apart and replaced all internals ,,, no difference.  it does this in the shed and foot on the clutch or off  makes no difference. to cut a long story short i  am wondering if there is the remotest chance that by putting the cam counter weight in  ( which it did'nt have )  have i created a vibe??  i would'nt think so but this problem has got me stumped.  any thoughts are welcome.  no pics because nothing to see. yes  i have a new water pump

Reading This Topic

Site Meter