Profile Picture

Barn Find

Posted By cos Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)Supercharged (399 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 16 hours ago
Hello Members    Would like to share a  story with you.  Last week I was looking on local CL for some clutch linkage I need for 57 ranchero project I have.  Ad said Ford supercharger for sale. I called to inquire about what it (Was  in my home town when I was kid growing up) was. Fella told me It was off a 57 retractable he bought new in 57 from Wilson Ford in Corvallis Oregon. Said car weighed 4700 pounds (?)  and could not remember winning any street races with it.  Also said he burned holes in several pistons that Ford fixed uner warranty. Mentioned car was a lot slower after fixed. He decided to take blower off and change distributor back to single points, this was in about 1960. He put supercharger, tensioning  bracket, two belt crank pulley, both in and out air rubber hoses and air cleaned housing on shelf in his barn since 1960  until I came along. Iam in early  starting stages of a stroker (312)  engine. Thinking I might go with s/c route. I was saving up to buy JM AL heads but spent $ on this setup. I called Pat in Texas to confirm parts were available for rebuild. He took the time to explain what needs to be done in a rebuild as original bearings and seals are NA any longer. If any of you s/c fellas have any advice to a novice please share. Bill (cos)  541 221 7941  Thanks

Reading This Topic

Site Meter