Profile Picture

Fuel pump installation

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Where does the lever on the fuel pump go in the block? I know the hole it goes in, I just want to be sure I put the lever in the right spot. Don't really see much inside except for a rod. Does it go under that?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The fuel pump lever goes under the rod.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

HazardTBird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)

Is this configuration (with rod) for the fuel pump drive a "Lincoln only" Y-Block use? Did this operate with an eccentric and some form of spring loaded lever to the rod shown in the picture or did the fuel pump push the rod (and I'm guessing lever) back to the "start" position? Just curious. 
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
HazardTBird (3/9/2023)
Is this configuration (with rod) for the fuel pump drive a "Lincoln only" Y-Block use? Did this operate with an eccentric and some form of spring loaded lever to the rod shown in the picture or did the fuel pump push the rod (and I'm guessing lever) back to the "start" position? Just curious. 

Both the LYB and M-E-L engines used the rod for actuating the fuel pump.  The spring in the fuel pump keeps the rod loaded against the concentric which in turn moves the rod up and down.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

HazardTBird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)Supercharged (96 reputation)

Thanks Ted, that explains it.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter