Profile Picture

What is this called? oil pump inlet tube?

Posted By B-rad 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
I need to know what this is called. It's the tube from the oil pan( oil pick up tube) to the oil pump. it's about a foot and a half long and has three mounting hole to bolt to the pan. I crimped mine taking the engine out and need a replacement. Don't know what it's called so I don't know what to look for. It's for a 317 Lincoln y block engine.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
RB
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
That is an oil pickup tube that goes from the pan to the pump.. There is another piece that lives in the pan and the two are joined by a flange with a gasket sealing the pan joint
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)Supercharged (757 reputation)

If I search for oil pick up tube all I get is the pick up in the pan. If I search for oil pump all I get is the pump. My mechanic is ready to put the engine bottom back together but can't get the pan on until I get a new tube . Any ideas? Is there a way to keep the ends and replace the tube? It's welded.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Is this part engine specific or can I look for other sources?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
RB
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

It is engine specific to Lincoln Y and vehicle specific depending on if you have a front or rear sump oil pan.. Do you need one?
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I most certainly do need one. Please tell me you have one. And it is rear sump

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
The 1954 239 FYB and 256 MYB (Ford and Mercury) engines also had the two piece oil pump inlet tubes and screens similar in basic design to those on the 1952-54 317 LYB engines if removing the rear sump and front sump oil pans from the equation.  What I find interesting is when looking at the 1959 Ford parts manual, there are not two numbers listed for the 1954 FYB oil pump inlet tubes but just one number.  No note in the parts catalog regarding there being two pieces.  Here’s the excerpt from the Ford parts manual but I’m sure that the LYB inlet tube would be a different part number although the basic number (6622) would be the same.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/520df8f2-5237-4e3c-83b6-310f.jpg  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

RB
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I might have an extra tube... let me look..  Front or rear sump pan?
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Rear I believe

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Actually I am not sure. Now I think it's front. It's at the mechanic now and I don't remember when I took it off. He did show me engine and the oil pump is on the driver's side rear of the engine and the mounting holes for the pick up tube would be in front. I'll go out to my garage and look into the manual to verify, but I do believe it's front

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter