Profile Picture

What Condenser?

Posted By Daveg 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (21 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I scored some NOS Mallory parts for my YC dual point, and only the points and rotors had identifiable part numbers. The condensors, however, are not marked on the canisters and the boxes are missing the flaps with the part number.
How can I tell if these will work with my distributor, or test to see if they're even any good?
312YBlock
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Just FYI, there is a high probability reproduction condensers will fail under normal use within a short period of time, this is also true of ballast resistors. I speak from experience, I’m now all electronic.

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
Lord Gaga
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Use any one of them they're all the same. And those Mallory condensers last forever, no lie. 

"FREE SAMPLE"
miker
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
LG is right about the big can Mallory’s. Very sought after, don’t let go of them until you check it out.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
DANIEL TINDER
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Daveg (11/10/2022)
I scored some NOS Mallory parts for my YC dual point, and only the points and rotors had identifiable part numbers. The condensors, however, are not marked on the canisters and the boxes are missing the flaps with the part number.
How can I tell if these will work with my distributor, or test to see if they're even any good?

Details escape me currently, but I assume the specs. for factory Y-Block ignition parts would apply (?). I still have a grab-bag of NOS condensers and will eventually select another one to use with the Mallory dual-point unit I hope to put into service eventually.  I used a multimeter to pick the one closest to spec. that I’m using now with my modified Loadomatic.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
Lord Gaga
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Around .22 microfarads (uF) give or take a few points is what you need.

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter