What Condenser?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic162568.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Daveg - 2 Years Ago
I scored some NOS Mallory parts for my YC dual point, and only the points and rotors had identifiable part numbers. The condensors, however, are not marked on the canisters and the boxes are missing the flaps with the part number.
How can I tell if these will work with my distributor, or test to see if they're even any good?
By 312YBlock - 2 Years Ago
Just FYI, there is a high probability reproduction condensers will fail under normal use within a short period of time, this is also true of ballast resistors. I speak from experience, I’m now all electronic.
By Lord Gaga - 2 Years Ago
Use any one of them they're all the same. And those Mallory condensers last forever, no lie. 

By miker - 2 Years Ago
LG is right about the big can Mallory’s. Very sought after, don’t let go of them until you check it out.
By DANIEL TINDER - 2 Years Ago
Daveg (11/10/2022)
I scored some NOS Mallory parts for my YC dual point, and only the points and rotors had identifiable part numbers. The condensors, however, are not marked on the canisters and the boxes are missing the flaps with the part number.
How can I tell if these will work with my distributor, or test to see if they're even any good?

Details escape me currently, but I assume the specs. for factory Y-Block ignition parts would apply (?). I still have a grab-bag of NOS condensers and will eventually select another one to use with the Mallory dual-point unit I hope to put into service eventually.  I used a multimeter to pick the one closest to spec. that I’m using now with my modified Loadomatic.
By Lord Gaga - 2 Years Ago
Around .22 microfarads (uF) give or take a few points is what you need.