Profile Picture

electrolysis

Posted By darrell 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
i was given an old rusty 272 block.i had no use for it and it was badly rusted.i have been watching online for a couple of years people removing rust with electrolysis and wanted to try it.i had a plastic barrel so i gave it a try.it works.theres very few places where you can get a block or other parts derusted without costing a lot.it took a couple of duckings but it done the job.you really need a pressure washer when your done as it doesnt remove muck or dirt.also you need to clean it blow it dry and spray with wd40 to stop rust from forming.its a cheap back yard fix and you can dump it anywhere.
napaunderground
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)Supercharged (165 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Interesting thought. I may do this as well. I bought a large pile of yblock stuff that included a 312 block someone had put new bearings in, then just let it sit and rust. Been wondering what to do with it.
312YBlock
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have a 312 in my 55 T-Bird with an Isky E4 cam, Mallory E-Spark distributor conversion connected to an MSD 6A ignition box with a Summit 600 CFM carburetor. It runs like a cat in a thunderstorm, nothing like a Y 🥂

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

its a learning experience.i couldnt get it to work at first.i only had one rod in the water i then put 3 in wired together and still nothing.i kept adding soap away more than needed and still nothing.i was using a small charger which i had seen online.i seen one fellow using a big charger on slow and away to go.it was bubbling in 5 minutes and the water was covered in rust in half an hour.it was something to watch.i had people drop in to look.i did a nice job in the water jackets as well.they say it gives of gas fumes and should be done outside.i did mine inside because of the weather and i had no way to lift the engine in and out.
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Darrell, would you mind giving some particulars as to how this is set up?  What voltage and how much current was flowing?  Probably 12V DC since you mentioned a charger.  You sunk several electrodes of the same polarity so I assume the block was the other electrode. Which one,  + or -   Is the liquid just plain water and a detergent?  If the water is bubbling then it must be giving off hydrogen and oxygen gas.  Could there be any ill effects on machined surfaces? l have never seen this done, could you post a picture or two?  Thanks..............

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

you can see it online.all kinds of videos

Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Seeing as you have already researched this, can you provide the link or links to those videos that would guide someone in the right direction.  No need to experiment with what would be the best combination if that information is already out there.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

sorry i cant do any of that.never figured it out
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
darrell (11/16/2022)
Sorry. I can't do any of that. Never figured it out.

See if this helps.  At the top of the screen that you are viewing and would like to share, find and high light the internet address.  Then use the Ctrl and C buttons simultaneously to copy this address into the computers' memory buffer. 

Example:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ck7R9zvUw  

When on this site and posting a message, do a hard return after your initial text and then use the Ctrl and V button simultaneously to paste that address into your post.  That will be the link to the address you previously saved into the memory buffer.  If wanting to add more text to your message, then do another hard return after the inserted link and then type your text.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Thank you for the reply folks, I'll see what's out there...................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter