Profile Picture

caster/camber

Posted By Dave V 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 12:19:40 AM
Are there any options available for a 56 Fairlane to achieve more caster/camber adjustment. I would like some positive caster but unable to do it with shims or I lose my camber ( there are no shims at all on the passenger side upper control arm and it is -.5degree camber) adding shims will make it worse

SE Wis
miker
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
That’s not a unique problem, my bird is the same way. IIRC, someone either here or the Fox Barn was able to shim the bottom A frame forward a bit and that helped. There’s something else I can’t quite remember. The A arm bushings mount opposed of the way on a car that they do on a tbird? Reversing one could help? Don’t tear everything apart based on my rusty memory, but maybe someone else will chime in.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Dave V
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:19:40 AM
Thanks Miker for the input. I was also thinking of trying to shift the lower A arms forward but wasn't sure if it could be done. Was also wondering if a mod could be done to the upper A arm shaft to allow for more shims

SE Wis

Reading This Topic

Site Meter