Profile Picture

Y-Block Magazine

Posted By PF Arcand 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Due to Computer & other issues I haven't been on here recently.. Is the magazine back up regularly?  I was supposed to get an e-mail from Bruce Young re my now expired subscription status, some time back, but never heard from him.. So wondering what the situation is?.. 

Paul
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Bruce is running behind on getting out the issues, but I think much of that is due to his hospital stays earlier this year at three separate locations. The latest I have is issue #169 dated for March/April. I do know that in that issue he made another call for articles from subscribers. I am trying to help with that somewhat by sending him a couple concerning the Y Block Shootout and then my own work on installing an E4 and the results of all of that. From what I understand, he checks his email at the local library right now, so getting a response from him quickly is out of the question. The man is old school - he does his best work over the phone and is willing to talk to anyone who gives him a phone call. If you need his number, I can send you a private message. 

Maybe some of the guys here online would consider submitting an article as well? usually a MS Word document or a PDF is all Bruce needs to go on...

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
I received YBM issue #169 about three weeks ago.  When I last talked to Bruce Young he mentioned that he was in desperate need of articles for the magazine.  If any of you have any articles you would like to submit, by all means send them to Bruce.  Even a one or two page article would help.  Those articles can be a stroll down memory lane or they could simply deal with a ‘how to’ project recently performed on your car.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/25f552b9-68d3-47ae-b840-3b80.jpg  

I just sent another article to Bruce recently for the next upcoming issue and currently working on a series of articles to be published after that.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Cliff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
Hi, what format would Bruce like?
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

I send my articles in the ‘Word’ format.  While I do send a hard copy of the article, I also include a CD disk with the actual file in case the publisher needs to move stuff around.

55Vicky
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (5 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I believe Bruce just celebrated his 81st. birthday...
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
I got the latest one today (9/23)

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

panel driver
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I really like the magazine. Tons of great information and articles. I sent in my last renewal with my new address
never got any magazines.  

Located in Harford County Maryland 
PF Arcand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I've been off here recently due to computer & other issues, (some might say, that's not a bad thing...) Anyway, my YBM subscription expired some time back.  In & around the time the Editor/Publisher, Bruce Young, encountered  serious health problems.  What is the current situation with the the publication ?

Paul
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

panel driver (9/24/2022)
I really like the magazine. Tons of great information and articles. I sent in my last renewal with my new address
never got any magazines.

Usually takes 6-8 weeks for the YBM issues to start coming once you subscribe.  Received an issue yet?  If not, then it would be worth giving Bruce a call.

In talking with Bruce recently, the upcoming issue (#171) was at the printer so it’s likely close to being mailed out if it hasn’t already.  I have already sent to Bruce an article for issue #172 and the article for issue #173 is almost completed.  I’m actually ahead of the curve right now for getting articles done.

Bruce Young is always in need of articles for the magazine so if you have any stories or projects, put those into print and send to him.  You need not be a subscriber to get an article into the magazine.

Here’s a cover shot of the last issue (#170).
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4cffe974-520b-4fee-8912-0c2f.jpg  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter