Profile Picture

Need advice on LYB rebuild

Posted By B-rad 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Since I bought my 54 Lincoln Capri, I've been asking a lot of questions on here. A lot of them were a bit vague, just trying to figure out what I have.
Now, the engine, a 317, is at the machine shop looking good. I cracked the distributor getting it out but the carb was missing when I bought the car so I was planning on using a more modern carb, using a different distributor and changing the gear on the bottom. I was told a few things on here regarding this issue but didn't keep track of what was said. Like I said, I was asking a lot of questions and getting a lot of answers. I am now at the point of getting work done on the engine so I am trying to get more specific.
Besides changing the distributor I need to get the cylinders bored. The mechanic said he's looking for.030 oversized 317 pistons or possibly bore it out for 341 pistons.
I'd like to know what to look for as far as a different distributor. What years, make and motor size to get it from.
Then the pistons. Can Lincoln 341 pistons work on this 317 motor using existing crank and connecting rods?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Need advice on LYB rebuild By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post 341 pistons will work same crank and rods.you can use a y block ford... By darrell ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post If going with a more modern carburetor, then the distributor will... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post A 317 should be able to be bored to 341. Those blocks are quite... By RB ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post B-rad Look in the classified heading Harry Truck 4 V Lincoln... By hjh ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hjh, you selling the f600 intake? Anybody know if that'll work on my... By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (6/27/2022)[/b][hr]Hjh, you selling the f600 intake?... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Ted. You the man. I know I can get the right info from you. By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post B-rad.. I have a Lincoln 4bbl truck manifold I would sell.. By RB ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'm sure you have read my issue, are you certain that it's what I need... By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I posted a reply in Classified. Unless the F600 has a 332, it's highly... By 55blacktie ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (6/27/2022)[/b][hr]The oil pump and drive needs to be... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post you have been given all the info you need for the correct parts.RB has... By darrell ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post I'll send you a picture if you give me an email... I have built quite... By RB ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post RB, I sent you my email, do you know where I can get pistons also? By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post After calculating the cost of shipping, how difficult is it to get or... By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (6/28/2022)[/b][hr]After calculating the cost of... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted, in your opinion, are there disadvantages to using the adapter? By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Or advantages to using the truck intake? By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (6/30/2022)[/b][hr]Ted, in your opinion, are there... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post Thanks Ted. Still trying to figure out the oil pump and drive. Not... By B-rad ( 2 Years Ago )
Forum Post This was covered but in less detail on the first page of this post.... By Ted ( 2 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter