WANTED: STOCK REAR AXLE U-BOLTS AND BOTTOM SHOCK MOUNTING PLATES

Posted By alanfreeman 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

WANTED: STOCK REAR AXLE U-BOLTS AND BOTTOM SHOCK MOUNTING PLATES

Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Does anyone have a set of four good original stock rear end u-bolts and a pair of bottom shock mounting plates? I just discovered that the 9" Ford rear end that I removed from my '54 Ford used different size parts than the original rear end that I am putting in my car. Thanks, Alan
55blacktie
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Why do you want to use used u-bolts?
alanfreeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

I need U-Bolts to hold the leaf springs to the rear axle.  Isn't that the way Henry built these cars at the factory????  Alan
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
He's asking why you want  used parts, rather than new.  New u bolts might be available locally.

alanfreeman (4/26/2022)
I need U-Bolts to hold the leaf springs to the rear axle.  Isn't that the way Henry built these cars at the factory????  Alan

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

alanfreeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The closest size new U-Bolts that I was able to find were 3" across which would fit loosely on the axle housing.  If someone knows a source for the correct size that will correctly fit a stock rear end please let me know.  
Lou
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
A "spring" shop can make u-bolts for you.
alanfreeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I checked one of my other '54 Fords and discovered that the original stock u-bolts are actually 3" inside diameter although the outside diameter of the stock axle is  a little less than that.  As the u-bolts and shock mounts that were used with the 9" Ford axle that was in my car are 3" I will use them to secure the stock axle.  Thanks for your responses.  Alan

Reading This Topic

Site Meter