Profile Picture

1955 flasher

Posted By darrell 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
where is the flasher on a 55.ive been under the dash and cant find it.im changing to 12 volts.
Tedster
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Activate the left or right turn signal and listen for the clicking noise!
DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
In a 56 it’s over the heater controls and a pain to get to. The mounted clip can break a plastic one. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

its making no noise.ill check over the heater in the morning.ive been under the dash till i seen stars.wherever its at its hidden.theres a video online of a 55 and he gave up and installed another flasher elsewhere.
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The flasher on my ’55 Customline is tied up with the wiring harness on the left side of the dash.  Pretty sure that the flasher on my ’55 is not in the exact same location as originally installed at the factory as I’ve had the dash out of the car in the past.

One flasher wire goes to the ignition switch while the other wire goes to the junction connecting block that feeds the steering column.  On my ’55, it’s a blue wire going from the junction box to the flasher so if you can spot that junction connector which is at the end of the wiring coming out of the steering column, then you may be able to trace that particular wire to the flasher.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

thanks everyone.a couple of guys on fordbarn knew where it was.in the centre of the 4 control switches.lights wipers air etc.it shoves straight into a clip.an orange wire leads to it.it wasnt making a sound.i never would have fond it.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter