Profile Picture

For Sale - 12 VOLT STARTER WORKS PERFECTLY

Posted By alanfreeman 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I HAVE A 12 VOLT STARTER COMPLETE WITH THE STARTER DRIVE THAT I WON'T BE NEEDING.  IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND THE ONLY REASON I AM SELLING IT IS THAT A '54 FORD THAT I BOUGHT HAD BEEN UPGRADED TO 12 VOLTS BUT I AM RESTORING THE CAR AS ORIGINAL AND GOING BACK TO A 6 VOLT SYSTEM.  SOLD!!!
$50.00 + $22.65 SHIPPING.  EMAIL ME AT: alanfreeman54@gmail.com IF INTERESTED.  THANKS
PF Arcand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Alan; like you i'm inclined to leave a good original car as is, but is it that, or a special model?    Because the 12V system won't change the appearance much & is obviously more convenient, especially in the event of any trouble.  If it was a very rare & valuable vintage parade car, say, it might be worth the expense & effort.    Anyway, if the setup is
o.k. I doubt it will make the car more saleable if that matters.. Just my thoughts..

Paul

o.k
alanfreeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

Hi Paul.  It is a '54 Mainline Tudor "P Code" police car that I am building as a California Highway Patrol cruiser.  Alan
312YBlock
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
You might want to hold on to the 12V parts in case you have a case of 6V remorse.

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
55blacktie
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I did not have to swap out my 55 Tbird's starter when converting to 12V, and it works just fine. 
Florida_Phil
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

My 55 Tbird has it's original six volt starter. My car was converted to 12 volts before I bought it four years ago.  That six volt starter works like a charm and has never given me any trouble. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

I believe Alan is going in the opposite direction. I’m not sure how well a 12 volt starter will work on 6 volts…

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
alanfreeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes, DryLakes, you are correct.  These 6 volt starters are really tough and they will not burn out on 12 volts.  However, I tried the 12 volt starter on 6 volts and it would barely turn the engine over so I installed a 6 volt and sold the 12 volt. I doubt that I will have "12 volt remorse" as I am a "purist" and prefer the Fords as Henry built them.  Alan

Reading This Topic

Site Meter