Profile Picture

chrome on 55 crown victoria

Posted By montana ford man 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I just took all the trim off my crown victoria and most pieces are in great shape but the tiara on the inside is pitted and the chrome is peeling.Im not sure what to do, I thought I could have the 4 pieces rechromed but was quoted 0n line about $1400 without shipping  cant find a chrome replating service locally so i was wondering what some of you did  maybe powder coat or just painting it myself.? my car  wont be painted and put back together till  spring so I have time to figure out what Im going to do.. any suggestions?
Lou
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Give the  "Bumber Boyz" a call 1-800-815-9009 or email them with pictures of what you need plated and see what their prices are.. Recroming is not cheap, when i did my  55 & 56 crown I was lucky that I was able to clean the inside crome .
montana ford man
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

thanks i will give them a call. the car sat out for a long time before I got it and the outside trim is  in great shape but the inside chrome pitted and peeled.the windows were up and i think thats why they are in bad shape. the floorboards rusted time can really deteriorate a car.
miker
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Bumper Boyz rang a bell. Here’s a search of them on the HAMB. It’s worth a read. Never used them myself. Opinions seem to vary.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search/317026084/?q=Bumper+boyz&o=relevance

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Lou
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I used them on my one of my 57s, used Boston Chrome on my other 57, I could not tell the difference and the Boyz were 20% less.
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Looks like they have mostly negative reviews.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter