Profile Picture

55 272 Power steering

Posted By Picachored 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
OK, I know someone out there has an answer to my question. I am wanting to mount a Saginaw P series pump to my Yblock. Bought the borgeson bracket from Summit and have spent days trying to get an answer from Borgeson as to why it doesn't fit/ line up. Finally they say it was never intended for a 272, only 292 and 312. Anyone have any similar experience?? Yes, I know Mummerts site has an expensive one, but I can't get any response from them when inquiring about which pump they use. No one has ever responded. ANY IDEAS out there?? Or do I just use the Borgeson as an expensive pattern??
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Not making excuses for Mummert, but if you are e-mailng them, they've said in the past that due to time wasters on there & being busy, they don't  monitor their e -mail daily..  Pick a good time & phone them @ 619 596-0312  Calif time..

Paul
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Borgeson's tech isn't well informed about Y Blocks.  272, 292, and 312 are all alike externally.  Sounds like the bracket you have is for some other engine than a Y Block.  Probably boxed wrong.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Picachored
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for the advice, I did speak to John on the phone and he is a real great guy. Took time listening and have submitted an order for his setup...bracket, pump and pulley. Borgeson manager claimed they " have hundreds of Y block brackets out there and no complaints". Somehow I doubt that. Will never recommend using Borgeson in the future. Take care......RJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter