55 272 Power steering

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic158299.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Picachored - 3 Years Ago
OK, I know someone out there has an answer to my question. I am wanting to mount a Saginaw P series pump to my Yblock. Bought the borgeson bracket from Summit and have spent days trying to get an answer from Borgeson as to why it doesn't fit/ line up. Finally they say it was never intended for a 272, only 292 and 312. Anyone have any similar experience?? Yes, I know Mummerts site has an expensive one, but I can't get any response from them when inquiring about which pump they use. No one has ever responded. ANY IDEAS out there?? Or do I just use the Borgeson as an expensive pattern??
By PF Arcand - 3 Years Ago
Not making excuses for Mummert, but if you are e-mailng them, they've said in the past that due to time wasters on there & being busy, they don't  monitor their e -mail daily..  Pick a good time & phone them @ 619 596-0312  Calif time..
By Hoosier Hurricane - 3 Years Ago
Borgeson's tech isn't well informed about Y Blocks.  272, 292, and 312 are all alike externally.  Sounds like the bracket you have is for some other engine than a Y Block.  Probably boxed wrong.
By Picachored - 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the advice, I did speak to John on the phone and he is a real great guy. Took time listening and have submitted an order for his setup...bracket, pump and pulley. Borgeson manager claimed they " have hundreds of Y block brackets out there and no complaints". Somehow I doubt that. Will never recommend using Borgeson in the future. Take care......RJ