Profile Picture

Rubber pads between gas tank and trunk floor

Posted By 55charliebird 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm installing a new tank and it came with 12 new rubber pads.  Any prescribed locations to glue them.  It's not a complicated guess but I want to make sure that once I have adhesive tacked them to the top of the tank, I don't want to have to relocate them.  Thanks as usual.  
55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I would evenly distribute the pads along the mounting surface of the tank. 
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
On my 54, 4 of the pads are used between the tank and the straps..  Space the pads so they fit on the flats in the floor, between the ribs.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

55blacktie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
My 55 Tbird has what appear to be nylon cloth strips that go between the metal tank-retention bands and the tank. The rubber pads go between the mounting surface of the tank and the body (trunk area). The nylon strips are sold by Tbird parts vendors for that specific purpose. 
Rusty_S85
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
for my 56 Fairlane I placed the rubber blocks ontop of the tank at a even spacing where the tank will touch the trunk floor to hold the tank up off the trunk floor.  I then used the cloth strip between the tank strap and tank.  This is how ford did it for mine as I still had cloth between the strap and the original tank when I dropped it.  I cant remember where I sourced it but I got the cloth tank strap liners from one place that sells fullsize and tbird parts.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Reading This Topic

Site Meter