Profile Picture

Rubber pads between gas tank and trunk floor

Posted By 55charliebird 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)Supercharged (600 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm installing a new tank and it came with 12 new rubber pads.  Any prescribed locations to glue them.  It's not a complicated guess but I want to make sure that once I have adhesive tacked them to the top of the tank, I don't want to have to relocate them.  Thanks as usual.  
Rusty_S85
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
for my 56 Fairlane I placed the rubber blocks ontop of the tank at a even spacing where the tank will touch the trunk floor to hold the tank up off the trunk floor.  I then used the cloth strip between the tank strap and tank.  This is how ford did it for mine as I still had cloth between the strap and the original tank when I dropped it.  I cant remember where I sourced it but I got the cloth tank strap liners from one place that sells fullsize and tbird parts.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Reading This Topic

Site Meter