Profile Picture

20 Years of Y-Block .magazine

Posted By MoonShadow 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Starting from 2000 I've had a continuous subscription to Y-Block magazine. I have decided to let this vast collection go and first offer is to the Y-Block guys here. I believe I am missing two issues that I loaned and never got back. That's 120 issues! Make me an honest offer and don't forget to figure shipping. I could possibly deliver to Ohio next year at the Y-Block Nationals. I'll give this a week and then go for EBAY etc.. Located in Manchester, NH 03102.
Check out the latest issue of

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
What two issues are you missing?  There’s always the slim chance I may be able to help you out.   Feel free to email me.  My contact info is at   www.eatonbalancing.com .

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MoonShadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

I don't remember Ted and I'm not sure if I want to organize the whole stack. I'll give it some thought.Smile

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

don't do it, don't give in to the pressure to downsize! You need those magazines my friend! They are worth their weight in gold!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Since Moonshadow brings up letting his Y-block Magazine collection go, my subscription renewal is due.. Time is fleeing on & unfortunately those of us that remember the Y-Block originally, are fading away.. While there has been some resurgence of interest in the engine in the recent past, supported aptly by people like Ted Eaton & John Mummert, it seems to me as though interest & contributions to the magazine  & to this site to some degree, have stalled to some extent. Am I wrong?  In the case of Y-Blk Mag's Editor, Bruce Young, he is no longer a spring chicken either. How much longer will it be published ? It saddens me to think about it, but it seems a reality.. In my case, my "mentor" so to speak, for the Y-Block engine from many years go, was travelling this spring in Germany, when he took sick with the "Covid 19" & then passed away in hospital with a heart attack.. He was about 2-1/2  yrs older than me....
N.B - just realised this probably belongs under "this & that" if anywhere, but I don't know how to transfer it..            

Paul
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
PF Arcand (9/18/2020)
Time is fleeing on & unfortunately those of us that remember the Y-Block originally, are fading away.
Sad to hear, but true.  There are very few of these cars left.  The only possible exception may be the 55-56-57 TBirds. There seems to be no end to these cars in the For Sale ads.  Many of the fifties Fords I see these days have small block or FE swaps.  I understand why a younger person would prefer a 302 over a 292, but it is sad to see so many. There is something about the sound of a good running Y-Block that can't be duplicated.  Thank God this forum still exists.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Since this is the "Classifieds" column, I'll continues my comment over in the "This & Thats" column if that's more appropriate?  

Paul
nglshbiker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
MoonShadow

I sent you a PM last week. Interested in the magazines.

Thanks

Rich

For some people there's therapy - for the rest of us there are choppers

Rich in Nashville

Reading This Topic

Site Meter