20 Years of Y-Block .magazine

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic153328.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By MoonShadow - 4 Years Ago
Starting from 2000 I've had a continuous subscription to Y-Block magazine. I have decided to let this vast collection go and first offer is to the Y-Block guys here. I believe I am missing two issues that I loaned and never got back. That's 120 issues! Make me an honest offer and don't forget to figure shipping. I could possibly deliver to Ohio next year at the Y-Block Nationals. I'll give this a week and then go for EBAY etc.. Located in Manchester, NH 03102.
Check out the latest issue of
By Ted - 4 Years Ago
What two issues are you missing?  There’s always the slim chance I may be able to help you out.   Feel free to email me.  My contact info is at   www.eatonbalancing.com .
By MoonShadow - 4 Years Ago
I don't remember Ted and I'm not sure if I want to organize the whole stack. I'll give it some thought.Smile
By Daniel Jessup - 4 Years Ago
don't do it, don't give in to the pressure to downsize! You need those magazines my friend! They are worth their weight in gold!
By PF Arcand - 4 Years Ago
Since Moonshadow brings up letting his Y-block Magazine collection go, my subscription renewal is due.. Time is fleeing on & unfortunately those of us that remember the Y-Block originally, are fading away.. While there has been some resurgence of interest in the engine in the recent past, supported aptly by people like Ted Eaton & John Mummert, it seems to me as though interest & contributions to the magazine  & to this site to some degree, have stalled to some extent. Am I wrong?  In the case of Y-Blk Mag's Editor, Bruce Young, he is no longer a spring chicken either. How much longer will it be published ? It saddens me to think about it, but it seems a reality.. In my case, my "mentor" so to speak, for the Y-Block engine from many years go, was travelling this spring in Germany, when he took sick with the "Covid 19" & then passed away in hospital with a heart attack.. He was about 2-1/2  yrs older than me....
N.B - just realised this probably belongs under "this & that" if anywhere, but I don't know how to transfer it..            
By Florida_Phil - 4 Years Ago
PF Arcand (9/18/2020)
Time is fleeing on & unfortunately those of us that remember the Y-Block originally, are fading away.
Sad to hear, but true.  There are very few of these cars left.  The only possible exception may be the 55-56-57 TBirds. There seems to be no end to these cars in the For Sale ads.  Many of the fifties Fords I see these days have small block or FE swaps.  I understand why a younger person would prefer a 302 over a 292, but it is sad to see so many. There is something about the sound of a good running Y-Block that can't be duplicated.  Thank God this forum still exists.

By PF Arcand - 4 Years Ago
Since this is the "Classifieds" column, I'll continues my comment over in the "This & Thats" column if that's more appropriate?  
By nglshbiker - 4 Years Ago
MoonShadow

I sent you a PM last week. Interested in the magazines.

Thanks

Rich