Profile Picture

PCV system

Posted By DryLakesRacer Last Week
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Have any of you blanked off the road draft tube and used it for the feed to the PCV valve instead of the rear on the valley cover. I realize it would need to be baffled.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Ted
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)Co-Administrator (10.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I’ll assume you are asking about the road draft tube when it is located at the lower left front of the engine.  That’s not a good place for a PCV valve connection simply due to it being too low on the engine and being in a position of catching any oil that gets thrown off of the rotating assembly.  Regardless of how well it’s baffled down there, the odds are against you in keeping oil out of the PCV line.  Ideally the PCV connection should be coming off at a point close to the top of the engine where the heated air along with any contaminates (ie. Moisture) can be drawn off.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thanks Ted, I did one for a my sons GMC off a factory tube that had a fitting in the side sealed tube into the 6 cylinder block. It was used on the 2-1/2 ton trucks as part as the sealed system. It made me wonder If I could do it on the Y-block. The block was baffled and so was the tube. The PCV valve was the threaded style from the mid 60’s which screwed in at the base of the carb. The now the oil fill and breather is on the top of the rocker cover. There’s a slight vacuum at idle which was a step we checked when I installed systems when I worked a Sears Automotive Dept. while attending a JC. Thanks...JD

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter