Profile Picture

1157 led turnsignal and taillights

Posted By Danny 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)Supercharged (365 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
has anyone installed a brighter 1157 led bulb on their turnsignal and taillights without any modifications on a 1956 Fairlane?
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I haven't, but you must use a special flasher with the signal lights.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

MoonShadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

There is a special flasher for the LED's or heavy duty. I tried to convert to full LED but had a lot of problems with them working intermittently. I did find a set of brighter 1157 bulbs that have never given me a problem. Some say the old wiring has a problem with the low voltage of the LED.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
seishank65
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)

I installed Sylvania Zevo 1157 bulbs only on the taillights of my 56 F100 without any flasher or wiring modification.
DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I’ve tried a few different bulbs even LEDs and went back to Sylvania’s. The 56 has one of the best/brightest taillights of the era by far including the circular reflector.
In FOMOCO Times a person made a kit to add our above backup light reflector to a stop/turn and I decided to get them but he had quit so I made my own for $10. That little extra may help.
I changed the back up lamps to a “whiter” bulb that really helped. Been trying to find the same style for the interior but so far not found one.
I also use Halogen seal beams which are “whiter” in the front... Good luck.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
2721955meteor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

i use led turn signals front and rear,had to install 2 cheap reg clearance lights 1 for each side, i put them under the hood, low and behold don't need the special expensive flasher. this has worked for 2 years,the load is enough to activate the old 12volt flasher
paul2748
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

I got some led 's for the dash of my 54.  Amazing difference.  # BA9S -  4 led's around the perimeter and one on top.  Got on ebay.  Try this number 154014009988.  Direct plug in

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter