1157 led turnsignal and taillights

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic152979.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Danny - 4 Years Ago
has anyone installed a brighter 1157 led bulb on their turnsignal and taillights without any modifications on a 1956 Fairlane?
By paul2748 - 4 Years Ago
I haven't, but you must use a special flasher with the signal lights.
By MoonShadow - 4 Years Ago
There is a special flasher for the LED's or heavy duty. I tried to convert to full LED but had a lot of problems with them working intermittently. I did find a set of brighter 1157 bulbs that have never given me a problem. Some say the old wiring has a problem with the low voltage of the LED.

By seishank65 - 4 Years Ago
I installed Sylvania Zevo 1157 bulbs only on the taillights of my 56 F100 without any flasher or wiring modification.
By DryLakesRacer - 4 Years Ago
I’ve tried a few different bulbs even LEDs and went back to Sylvania’s. The 56 has one of the best/brightest taillights of the era by far including the circular reflector.
In FOMOCO Times a person made a kit to add our above backup light reflector to a stop/turn and I decided to get them but he had quit so I made my own for $10. That little extra may help.
I changed the back up lamps to a “whiter” bulb that really helped. Been trying to find the same style for the interior but so far not found one.
I also use Halogen seal beams which are “whiter” in the front... Good luck.
By 2721955meteor - 4 Years Ago
i use led turn signals front and rear,had to install 2 cheap reg clearance lights 1 for each side, i put them under the hood, low and behold don't need the special expensive flasher. this has worked for 2 years,the load is enough to activate the old 12volt flasher
By paul2748 - 4 Years Ago
I got some led 's for the dash of my 54.  Amazing difference.  # BA9S -  4 led's around the perimeter and one on top.  Got on ebay.  Try this number 154014009988.  Direct plug in