Profile Picture

Rocker Adjuster Set-up

Posted By MattsY 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ok, stupid question....how many threads on the adjuster should be showing out of the bottom of the rocker on Initial set-up to check pushrod length? I have 8.125" tubular push rods that came out of the engine when it had C1TE heads and low ratio rockers. In that case there were 6 threads showing. With the same pushrods, ECZ-G's and ECG-6564 rockers, I get the same 5-6. I figure with the 8.320" pushrods I'll have around 3 threads. That seems better to me because that's how my T&D's are set on my big block Chrysler. Different animals, but just want to be sure. Thanks for your time!
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
When in doubt, just target for an equal number of exposed adjuster threads at both the top and bottom of the rocker with the valve lash also taken into consideration.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

MattsY
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you Sir!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter