Profile Picture

Small exhaust leak has me stumped

Posted By 56_Fairlane 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I want to change to an electric choke on my 56 Fairlane with B manifold and Autolite 4100. The heat controlled choke works ok. There seems to be an exhaust leak somewhere in the either the heat tube, mushroom cap or the plumbing from the manifold to the carb. I've never been able to find the right fitting that goes from the manifold to the choke. It may be leaking there. I can't find the leak when it's idling or reving it up but I can sure hear it while driving. I've about given up on trying to keep it looking original and rather just have reliable functionality.
No one seems to list the cap origin other than "imported". I'll be damned if I will ever use chinese parts, especially something electric near a fuel source.

PS can someone please fix the title? Something went wrong typing. "Recommendation for good non-chinese electric choke caps for Autolite..."

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles

Reading This Topic

Site Meter