Profile Picture

Is there a 56 radiator with a trans cooler bult in

Posted By junkyardjeff 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
When I put the 351/C-4 in my 55 I stuck the trans cooler on the radiator,a bunch of debris got caught between the two and it got hot on the last trip to Florida and lost third gear. I am wanting a stock looking radiator so was there one in 56 that had a cooler.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
cokefirst
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Mid year 1956 Ford changed from the air cooled Fordomatic to the water cooled version with the cooler in the bottom of the radiator.  You need to find a radiator for a 56 Ford that is late with the trans cooler in the bottom.  Mac's antique auto parts carries them,  This is the part number  
49-28813-1

Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Another option is to just upgrade to a modern aluminum radiator.  I put one of the Champion radiators in my ’55 Ford and it does have transmission cooling capability built into it.  It was a bolt in so no problems at all with it and it did get rid of that 'prone to leaking' expansion tank design that was on the original radiator.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

junkyardjeff
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Can a aluminum radiator be painted,they just do not look right in a older vehicle to me.

oldcarmark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
I painted mine using Hi Temp Bar-B-Q Paint. Use Vinegar to clean Tank first.Gives better adhesion for the Paint. If You didn't know You would not notice that the Rad is Aluminum.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Here's a link to their '54-'56 car offerings.

https://www.championradiators.com/Ford-Cars-1954-1956-radiator

Paint will make it stand out less but it still looks aluminum, with all the welds and overall "fabricated" appearance.

Lawrenceville, GA
junkyardjeff
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I might consider a aluminum radiator since its less then 1/2 of the regular version and paint it,I will look into one when the 272 and 62 COM is about ready to go in.  When I stuck in the 351 I used six brackets on the V8 radiator to get more room for a fan and definately not going to have one without a trans cooler after getting the trans hot on the last trip to Florida.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter