Profile Picture

Coronavirus Projects

Posted By Florida_Phil 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Since I'm stuck in my house due to the virus, I'm catching up on a few projects I had planned.  I finally got around to freshening up the dash in my TBird.  Got rid of that stupid clock that never did work and the cheap tach I stuck in the old tach hole when I switched distrbutors.  I ditched the JC Whitney under dash dual chrome gauge holder and moved the SW oil pressure and temp gauge into the dash where they belong.  Installed a new plastic dome and polished the speedo glass.  I ordered a Mooneyes tach to mount on the column.  Thumbs up or down?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/bb34e2ab-0fe4-4261-aac5-74bf.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I think there are many of us stuck at home while everything goes viral. We ALL better stay safe.                 I generally prefer the original styling and look of OE.  Especially the excellent looking design of the early Birds but in your case, you did a very nice job of incorporating the gauges in the Bird dash. However, thumbs down on obscuring that beautiful instrument panel with a bulky chrome tack.  Just my opinion.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
blocky
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)Supercharged (307 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
looks good thumbs up .love the black car also
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I finished cleaning up this unit I bought last fall. At least I got all the linkage cleaned out and adjusted. Still not sure what I'll do with it.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Phil, I'm a thumbs up on the whole deal. I had a column mounted tach on my 55 back in the 60's. Easier to read than the oem off to the left. Just blocked the idiot lights, but they reflected enough off the chrome cup to still work.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
ian57tbird
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
So has the made panic buying set in over there. It has here already, and we only have a couple of hundred cases of the virus so far.
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

I'm not going to block the view of the dash.  I'll tilt the tach to the left like we did back in the day.  I'm sure the original tach location was chosen for styling more than readability.  What I really wanted was an old Sun Tach, but I didn't want to deal with old parts and a clunky black box under dash.  They made a modern Sun Tach knockoff, but it's no longer available for some reason.   I chose the Moon Tach for the nostalgia vibe.  I bought this car as a time machine to transport me back the 1965.  It's a hoot to drive.  The cam popping out the twin exhaust pipes in the back and the solid lifters clacking away are great music.  I ordered a radio delete plate for the dash.  Who needs a radio with that sound?  BigGrin

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
ian57tbird (3/17/2020)
So has the made panic buying set in over there. It has here already, and we only have a couple of hundred cases of the virus so far.

It's here although, I think it is either most problematic in areas of large population or possibly it's being blown out of proportion by the media.
I went to the grocery store last night expecting the shelves to be bare based on all I had seen and while the pickings were far more slim than usual, my usual weekly supply was there.  So I got a weeks supply and hope to be able to do the same next week.

Lawrenceville, GA
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Phil, sounds like a good plan hanging the tach off to the left. Send pics of the finished product.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have a question.  What the heck are all those people doing with toilet paper?    I expect it will all be returned to the store within a few weeks. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter