Profile Picture

Holley 4000 'Tea Pot"

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey Sal

You should hang out here more often. - theres always questions about those ticking ,time bomb,Holley teapots

Sal knows what he"s doing with carbs!

Oldmics
scicala
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)Turbocharged (68 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
KULTULZ (2/12/2020)

Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I am sure I would - send me an email at danaxjessup@yahoo.com and I can send some photos of what I have.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hey Daniel , would you have a set of main injector jets for  4000 the ones I have were badly oxidized thanks 
Lou
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I've own 3 56 Crowns, including a 64B, 3, 56 2 door victorias 1 56 a 4 door vic, and a 56 wagon, all had teapots, about 1/2 i had rebuilt, all ran great and never had a carb problem.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

I just posted another article concerning all of my recent work on the Holley 4000. If you visit this page you will get a list of all of the articles with the tag line "Holley 4000" that I have on my site. 

https://www.hotrodreverend.com/blog/categories/holley-4000

there is quite a bit on there with more to come. Videos, pictures, diagrams, write-up's, etc. I'm no expert, YMMV

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Or you were impaled on a 1955 TBird steering wheel.   Nostalgia is great as long as it doesn't hurt you. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

If you didn’t die in the carb fire you were killed when the brakes failed because of the single reservoir master cylinder....yea right.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
DANIEL TINDER
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I wish I knew the tricks they used at PONY (out of business now) that made THEIR teapot rebuilds run so strong. 
My main 4000 complaint is having to frequently replace the accelerator pump cup.  Seems like nobody makes one that holds up long to ethanol.  Also, the threads inside the float bowl that hold the air cleaner stud often get stripped. I finally gave up on repairing mine, and just permanently mounted an oversized stud to the bowl cover.
The Loadomatic setup performance CAN be maximized sufficiently with the right tools/parts, but it is really beyond the ability of most, and practically inconvenient.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Reading back over all the post I can relate to everything Florida Phil wrote. I am new y blocks but have been fooling with Chrysler engines and GM for a long time . I do remember not wanting to touch the anything to do with timing fearing the engine would never run . My timing light wiring always seemed to wind up on a exhaust manifold carb return springs were made of rubber bands. Engine flush worked well until all the crud washed into the pan and starved the engine for oil. I am just rambling.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter