Profile Picture

FiTech 30003 Fuel Injection

Posted By Tim Quinn 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Anyone familiar with FiTech 30003 Fuel injection on a Y-block ?
Tim
Mud Key, Fl 33706
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
I have done several fuel injection setups including the FiTech units.  What’s the question?

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Tim Quinn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Are they worth the time and investment. Will the gas mileage increase to make installing them a benefit?
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The big advantage to the fuel injection units is the cold starting and overall drivability.  My experience has been that both the gas mileage and peak performance will be the same with a finely tuned fuel injection unit versus that of a carburetor.  With the price of the fuel injection units now being what they are, they are a good investment and as an added benefit, they are more ethanol friendly than carburetors.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Fuel injection will allow the engine to receive the a/f ratio it needs with high precision.  A carburetor can do very well in that regard, too as long as it is tuned well.  Any mileage change will depend a lot on how well it is currently tuned vs how well it will be tuned with the fuel injection.  Good mileage with either requires that the rest of the engine be in good working order.

That particular fuel injection system is about the price of a high end carburetor, so it should be worth the money so long as you're willing to deal with the wiring and installation.

Lawrenceville, GA
Tim Quinn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Good info,
Thanks from Florida and 55 degress
Tim Quinn
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Ted,
Good info to help me make up my mind in which way to go. 
Based on yearly miles driven etc will be a factor.
Tim

Central Florida 33706
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
So, what is involved with the change over installation for that unit?. 

Paul
mikeT
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi! Ted 
i plan on using FiTechs 2x4 system on my hot rod 292  y block,  wonder how it will work with my camshaft with 238 duration? Planning on around 9:1 cr for premium pump gas. 
I figure it will be much better than tuning 2 carbs for street use.
Florida_Phil
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Why use two 4s?  I doubt your Yblock can make use of that much cfm and you are doubling the expense.  If you want eye candy, I would stay with carbs.  If you buy new carbs, they shouldn't be hard to tune.  I have two Holley 465s and an Edelbrock FM255 sitting on my bench right now.  My car runs so good with one 465, I'm afraid to mess it up.  :>Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter