Profile Picture

Transmission Questions

Posted By customline3859 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have an AOD transmission that I'm going to run with a 304ci Y-block. I've located the correct TV cable from Lokar, but I'm not sure about the corrector bracket for the carb, or if I even need one. I have a 3x2 carb setup with a progressive linkage. They are ford carbs. Does anyone know which bracket I am in need of. Here's a photo of my intake setup for reference. 

Thanks,
David
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2bc2254a-7ade-4468-b32f-6428.png
MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I used a Lokar cable and bracket and a Lokar transmission adapter. On the AOD adjustment of the TV cable is a must. If its wrong the transmission can burn up in a few blocks. There are a number of sites that will show you how. You will need a pressure gauge to hook up to the trans. I'm running one and it been right on for about 10 years. Will you be using your stock column shift? It can be made to work. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Lokar-KD-2AODU-Ford-AOD-Black-Kickdown-Cable,64968.html

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter