Profile Picture

Ford vs. Ferrari

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
We went to see the Ford vs. Ferrari movie yesterday.  It's great,  Matt Damon and Christian Bale did a great job as Shelby and Ken Miles,  Fantastic race scenes and sounds.  It's a car guy must see.  Ford guys will want to see it twice.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

suede57ford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

The movie is great!   We went as a family the other night.

Pat Fleischman

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Great, glad to hear it showed the great things Ford accomplished in winning this race multiple times. Ford fans should see it twice? I'll see it maybe 3X. Thanks for this good review, it made my day.  JEFF..........

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
One of my car buddies and our wives saw it Saturday. Pretty entertaining, seems pretty accurate. I see maybe 1 movie a year and I enjoyed it. Even the ladies liked it (they got dinner afterwards, so that might have influenced them). I'd recommend it.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

There are a few Car Guy "must see" movies.  Ford vs. Ferrari is one of them.  Back in the day when Thunder Road played at the local drive in, we all went to see it.  I must have seen that movie at least 50 times by now and know most of the words before they are spoken.  Long live Robert Mitchum. He wrote that movie, directed it, stared in it and even wrote and sang the theme song.  I built this car in remembrance of that movie.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2b72e32f-71fc-4e88-82e8-febe.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Some people have complained about technical errors in the movie but I thought it was great. Don't care for Mat Damion's politics but thought he was good in the movie. It's now on my list of favorite movies. Thunder Road has been there forever. Never liked Mitchum's girl friend in that one but the movie as a whole is a real clasic.
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Haven't seen it yet, (seldom go to any movies) A woman reviewer on local T.V. gave it a descent review, although another guy gave it a C- . Most car movies are really crap, so it's likely worth seeing.  Need to keep in mind that it's Hollywood, it's not a documentary!. I've read 2 books that cover the subject.. Thunder Road was somewhat of a low budget classic, although as mentioned here, Mitchum's budget must have been really tight, when he selected  that Jazz singer to play the girl friend...          

Paul
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Movie's are made to sell tickets.  I doubt "The Deuce" ever sat in a GT40, much less cried in one.  That said, the movie was great.  Lots of action without CGI. It never became dull or repetitive and it didn't get hung up on side plots.  If you don't like this movie, you don't like cars.  Actors should stick to acting and stay out of politics.  Why do you want to piss off half of your customers just so you can look like you have something significant to say?   They should keep their opinions to themselves.

Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Phil. Love your '57 Custom! Flame Red? Very tasty. What is the drive train?
 I agree with you about Bob Mitchum, He puts John Wayne and other so called tough guy actors away when it comes to real talent. When it comes to Thunder Road; That six cylinder engine sound in some scenes bugs me! That's the fault of the editor, happens in many movies. Wish there would have been more mechanical-type stuff, other that that it is a great film!  Do you know what engine was in that Shoebox Ford?? And that '57 should have been an F CODE!!!!!!

I will be going to see  Ford vs. Ferrari.

Florida_Phil (11/27/2019)
There are a few Car Guy "must see" movies.  Ford vs. Ferrari is one of them.  Back in the day when Thunder Road played at the local drive in, we all went to see it.  I must have seen that movie at least 50 times by now and know most of the words before they are spoken.  Long live Robert Mitchum. He wrote that movie, directed it, stared in it and even wrote and sang the theme song.  I built this car in remembrance of that movie.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2b72e32f-71fc-4e88-82e8-febe.jpg

"FREE SAMPLE"
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I built this 57 Custom Business Coupe about 10 years ago.  I bought it from Randy Conner in Wisconsin.  He had more 57 Fords than anyone I have ever known.  It was his daily driver.  Here's a photo when I first hauled it home.   It had a Y-Block with a T85 in it when I bought it.  I swapped in a 390 with CJ heads, CJ carb & intake, Holman and Moody 427 cam, a T-10 and a 3.89 locker. I used FPA headers.   It also had disk brakes.  It was scary fast. I sold it to fund my next project.  The rule in my house is one car at a time. 

I don't think they ever showed the engine in any of the Thunder Road 57 Fords.  If you look real close they do show the engine in the 49 Ford that exploded.  I froze the frame once and it looks like a Y-Block with three deuces.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/56d76159-f306-4d03-a04a-2aa3.jpg
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/08bc76c3-8424-4107-b2fb-33fd.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter