Profile Picture

Canton small block Ford windage tray in Y Block

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
charliemccraney (4/4/2020)
I have a cad file for a scraper that is in my engine.  I could help with that aspect but I'm sure Ted has it mostly worked out because of the girdles.  Even so, it's still a lot of expense and work.

It's not just the stroke that you are concerned with.  Also rod shape / size and bolt positioning and crank counterweight shape.  These won't be much of a concern for most Ys but for performance oriented ones with more specialized parts, it can be.
For instance, my 3.47 stroke with 2" journals extends about the same amount below the pan rail as a stock 292. I don't remember the exact figures now, but if the scraper had been tailored only to a longer stroke, it would have been off quite a bit.  But, a scraper intended for a stock 292 would have also been incorrect for the combo.

Point taken.. I realize this, just didn't go far enough in my comments.. It would be like taking a set of stock, oliver, or aluminum rods and trying to make a one size fits all.. lol

But I would think if you were to take yours and allow more or less material for whatever rod/stroke you could then fit it for what you were doing. Maybe looking at it as universal with fitting required..

Dave

Reading This Topic

Site Meter