Profile Picture

368 Lincoln Build

Posted By martyk98 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
We're using the original pistons and rods. This motor was well taken care of. The crank polished up with STD bearings, pistons with STD rings. The second motor I have was not taken care of. We're using that as a mock up for the new carburetor set up and motor mounts that we have to figure out.  I haven't seen anyone putting a 368 in a 54 Merc Monterey. We won't be able to fabricate them until we get the Bendtsen Adapter hooked up to my AOD. We're looking at these carbs but I'm a little leary of Asian Webers.
Attachments
shopping.png (253 views, 6.00 KB)
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Its nice to have a spare block to help in fabricating mounts and heads to adapt an intake.

57 MERC used a 368. It also had two fours on an ALUM INTAKE (M-335) if you are interested.

I would hold onto those spare parts. You never know.

Is this going to be a show car or driver?

martyk98
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

This is going in my 54 Merc Monterey. The car is already done, I just thought it would be cool to have an all Mercury car. We just made an engine stand so we can run the 368 once it's done before installation and fix any bugs before install. I'll post more pictures as we go along.  Spent a couple of hours today sanding down a pair of ram horn exhaust manifolds before sending them to the coaters. I have about three pairs of Lincoln exhausts if anyone is interested. Also a power steering pump.  I'm sanding down the water pump and timing chain cover also.
Attachments
IMG_1517.JPG (301 views, 164.00 KB)
yalincoln
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

hi! 57 to 64 HD trucks used a late holley pattern intake with a normal rise so you can use any late holley, edelbrock, aftermarket carb or a holley throttle body injection for normal street driving! just another idea!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c2657ab6-7d5b-4cf9-94d2-1280.jpg

martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Beautiful motor "K".  I'm going to lean away from a traditional intake and carb setup. 4 Weber 48 IDF's with a custom made intake system is the goal. Waiting on parts right now.
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Beautiful motor "K".  I'm going to lean away from a traditional intake and carb setup. 4 Weber 48 IDF's with a custom made intake system is the goal. Waiting on parts right now.

I was just teasing you with eye candy.

Waiting to see what you come up with ... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

martyk98
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Besides not getting parts delivered on time, now UPS says they dropped off my 4 Webers yesterday and they're not here. I have never lost a package because of the remote area I live in. Can't wait to see what their excuse is. I'm just having a difficult time with suppliers telling me they have the parts I want just to find out they are "out of stock". 
Joe-JDC
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
A lot has to do with where you are standing when you take the picture.  You need to think ahead of time where you want "up" to be in the picture.  Joe-JDC

JDC
KULTULZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It's either the browser or site. When I hit to enlarge, it shows correctly (FIREFOX).

I have occasional troubles here but believe it is my browser.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter