Profile Picture

seen on u-tube

Posted By stuey 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB_Q9qpvnL0  

stuey
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Full of misinformation.

Lawrenceville, GA
darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
55 dist,on newer carb.not one person that posted saw it.i was going to post but impossable.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

I commented on several things, including the distributor.

Lawrenceville, GA
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This was a stock rebuild with a few modifications. What did you find objectionable?

The LOM DIST was retained most likely as for an original appearance/cost of tach drive DUAL ADVANCE replacement. The DIST can be modified to deliver proper performance. TED EATON retained the LOM DIST on his 1955 P-CODE 292 rebuild.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

55 dist,on newer carb.not one person that posted saw it.i was going to post but impossable.   

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/images/smilies2/sad2.gif

Including this dumb SOB ...

I saw the MUMMERT INTAKE. I did not connect the later carb with the advance signal. My bad. I will stand down.

If one is doing a purely stock rebuild for a street driver, why an ALUM INTAKE, with no heat riser provision yet? The engine was not modified for deeper breathing or high RPM.

Maybe an '56 A or '57 B INTAKE with adapter for the H4000 (with choke modifications) or a BLUE THUNDER?

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

in addition to the distributor, the unnecessary oiling modifications, stating that the head gaskets are specific to the left or right side, stating the wrong bore diameter, not knowing what the over flow tubes do, very likely incorrect combustion chamber volume.  That's what I can remember
I'll acknowledge that some of it is nit-picky but if you look at the comments, there seem to be a lot of newbs who are taking it as irrefutable fact, particularly since someone of note, Keith Dorton, is doing the build.  In this regard, any errors are bad.  Any errors are bad, no matter who is involved but if it was just some random guy that no one has heard of, they might be more hesitant to believe it.  They also referenced his previous build which came up far short of the power it should have produced considering the work and parts involved.  If they look that one up, that adds to the bad ideas / advice.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
When someone is tagged or volunteers to do an article on any specific engine they should at least be informed about the engine they choose. This article was pretty much the same error filled stuff we could read in the 50's. I'm sure the intake was "eye candy" and was given no real thought as far as flow. Maybe easier than trying to source the later style intake for the carb upgrade. I'd love to see one of our enlightened and informed Y's guys write an article like this but with the real truths about our favorite engine.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
dbird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The distributor was my first thought, but the intake/heads combination seems wrong.  The heads appear to be for a 1955  272, though they could be original to the car.  However, spending the money for a high dollar rebuild and not getting better breathing heads with ports that would better match up to the intake seems wrong, especially if I were looking at it and thinking it had the wrong heads on it anyway.  

Don
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

in addition to the distributor, the unnecessary oiling modifications, stating that the head gaskets are specific to the left or right side, stating the wrong bore diameter, not knowing what the over flow tubes do, very likely incorrect combustion chamber volume.  That's what I can remember

You're right ...

I must be retaining water this week ...

Reading This Topic

Site Meter