Profile Picture

Dyno Testing

Posted By Rono 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Anyone seen this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7teHiBlwcM

Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Here is the toolhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c3978dbf-bbdc-4c49-aebb-a26f.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/127f9f8e-96aa-4a09-8551-3759.jpg
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Every one says never use the old lifters on a new cam.  I'm sure it has been done with no bad effects, but!!!!

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Oldmics
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Cliff

If that tool is for sale -PLEASE CONTACT ME !!!!!!

Oldmics@Yahoo.com
Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
It's a real shame about the lifters because they are like new, just broken in on the Comp Cam. I don't think I should risk using them on the new Isky cam. 

I'll try the super magnet to get the lifters out...wonder how it will be trying to get the new ones in with all the assembly lube on them?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
A couple years ago I posted some information from a fella who I know very well who was involved in the development/testing of the Y-block in one of the "E" buildings on Oakwood Blvd. back in the day. He's now in his early 90's.   He explained how a fabricated trough of sort was slid in the cam tunnel to catch and remove the lifters as they were released. A tool was made that would "snare" the lifter and pivot such to allow it to be inserted along this tray, manipulated in such a way while being viewed from above and pulled up into the lifter bore perhaps with a magnet.  It's a story that lacked precise detail but the point is, cam and lifters were R & R'd in short order while the engine was still on the dyno. I have never attempted to see how this could be possible but perhaps some day I may have the opportunity to explore this. Just some food for thought.........................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Very interesting! I can visualize what this device could look like. A half round cardboard or plastic tube with a slot wide enough to fit the shaft of the lifter. I have a practice block I can play with, but the pistons are rusted in the cylinders. I'll try to get them free and start experimenting with some ideas.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Look at the pictures Cliff posted.  That's the tool.

Lawrenceville, GA
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Cliff, have you ever tried to use this tool set? It would be interesting if you could post pics of the individual pieces so we could do some brain-storing. Thanks, JEFF...........

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I say your existing lifters are safe to use on a new cam. Way back in 1963 I built a 312 for my '48 Ford. I bought a new cam (246 deg. replacement) and new lifters from the Ford dealership. I drove the car about 400 miles when a friend offered me a new 1957 factory "Blower Cam" (B7A6250C). I installed it and new HP valve springs without changing the lifters. That cam and those lifters are still in that engine with NO problems!
Don't worry about it!
Rono (10/3/2019)
Frank;

Thanks for the advice! Here is some additional information I have learned thanks to Moonshadow and Ted. Comp Cams are NOT a good choice for Y Blocks because of the lifter bore angle. Apparently, Comp Cams grounds their cams based on a 41 degree lifter bore angle common to scrub motors. The Y Blocks use a 43 degree lifter bore angle, so in my case, the valve timing was off. I think this is what caused my issue on the dyno. Ted provided me the Isky cam card he used with Chuck's build, so with Chucks blessing, I plan on having a new cam ground with those same specs. Bad news is I will have to replace the lifters also which requires a complete tear down of the motor. Well, the coupe is not done anyway so I may as well do it now...this winter.

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter