Profile Picture

56 Fairlane dash

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Has anyone installed a padded dash in a 56 ? I’m gonna replace mine and was wondering how big a headache it’s going to be. Thanks for any input.
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
If yours has the padded dash I don't see it being too hard. The outer edges are under a metal strip and the upper under the defroster deflectors. You need to remove the speaker grill so I would remove as much as I could under the dash. The outer edges are also under trim. I would do as much as I could without gluing or just using enough to hold it in place. If you consider the screws from the defroster deflector and the speaker, that's a lot. . The ash tray edging would need some glue. I would test fit a lot...good luck

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter