Profile Picture

56 Fairlane dash

Posted By Andy Last Week
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)Supercharged (110 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Has anyone installed a padded dash in a 56 ? I’m gonna replace mine and was wondering how big a headache it’s going to be. Thanks for any input.
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 hours ago
If yours has the padded dash I don't see it being too hard. The outer edges are under a metal strip and the upper under the defroster deflectors. You need to remove the speaker grill so I would remove as much as I could under the dash. The outer edges are also under trim. I would do as much as I could without gluing or just using enough to hold it in place. If you consider the screws from the defroster deflector and the speaker, that's a lot. . The ash tray edging would need some glue. I would test fit a lot...good luck

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter