Profile Picture

Oil pump rebuild or new

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
charliemccraney (9/8/2019)
Arp make the HD shaft, part number 154-7906.  If you get one, the retaining washer will be installed on the wrong side.  You have to remove it and put it on the other side, the oil pump end of the shaft.  It's something they've been aware of for nearly 20 years but have not corrected.
This is probably what Precision Oil Pumps sell but it is possible that they make their own.

Either style of pump will be fine for a stock engine.  The gerotor does have a few advantages for performance use.
The lasr ARP shaft I used not only had the retaining washer on the wrong end it was also to small and the shaft fell through the block and onto the floor LOL. I had to take the washer off my OEM shaft and put it on the ARP.

Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I used an ARP oil pump shaft in my motor.  It did not use a washer to hold it in place.  The shaft had a thicker portion that prevents it from coming out with the distributor.  Upon assembly, the end of the ARP shaft bottomed out in the oil pump preventing the oil pump from tightening down causing a bind.  I ground the oil pump end of the shaft slightly until I had enough end play.  I checked it again with the distributor installed and it was good. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter