Profile Picture

Ford vs. Mercury cranks

Posted By Rono 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)Supercharged (615 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Rono:
Here is a link to identify that transmission. It is from a 56/57 Mercury. It is a medium case transmission Mercomatic
That transmission you found has some valuable parts for y-block owners who want to do a FMX hybrid as you can use the torque converter, bell housing, front pump

http://www.autotran.us/fmkits1.html
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The bell housing has the casting PAR-7975-A but doesn't look like anything I have seen on line. The transmission has no tag that I can find, but has the casting # PAW-7006-A.
I think it is a Merc-o-Matic, but maybe it's a Lincoln tranny. 1960 seems to have been a transition year. Any help would be appreciated.

Until the TRANS ASSY is positively identified, original use will not be known. The two ID NOS you posted above are for a convertor housing and a main case.

The older post I showed had the same ID NOS (they will be fairly common) but the poster found the ASSY PN most likely by using info from the ID TAG found on the main case.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e4f9ef79-c346-416f-b165-3146.gif

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2f834c42-dac5-4e83-a8c0-c3ce.png

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
1957 merc had a pushbutten shifter,the cable went in on driver side and the pan had to be off to remove the cable . owned a 57 mere and repaired the trans so know that they had different case than 56 mere
yalincoln
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

tranny looks like a 56, it has a cast iron bell and the ring gear is on the converter. I believe 60 merc would have a flex plate and the converter would bolt to it with 4 bolts!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.
kevink1955
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)Supercharged (426 reputation)

Not so sure if that ring gear is on the convertor or the convertor is sitting on top of a flex plate.  I thought all convertor ring gears were part of the convertor like the air cooled were ??

Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I did some additional cleaning on the tranny and found the ID plate on the lower driver's side of the case; PAW-7003-D. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

junkyardjeff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Looks like it has the pcv system.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter