Profile Picture

T-5 in 56 cloud sedan

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I just got my T-5 installed but I’ve got a problem with clearance with the seat being to close to the shift tower. Does anyone know of a shifter that would help this or any fix’s. Just need to move the seat forward some.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Is the shifter itself in the way or is it just the handle that will be in the way once installed?

Lawrenceville, GA
Andy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
It’s the shifter tower is the issue . I can modify a shift stick but I didn’t know if anyone made a lower profile or relocate shift tower
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
B&M ProRipper shifter. It has a offset that will clear everything.

Durham Missouri
Rono
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
This is an issue that comes up quite a lot. Since you probably do not want to change your bench seat to bucket seats or have a shop cut a "V" in your bench seat and have it reupholstered, your left with trying to find a shift handle that will have the correct contour to clear the seat. If you have the stock Borg Warner shifter on your T-5, you may want to look at other shifters such as Hurst (or others) that may have different shift handle positions to clear the seat.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Rono is right, it's an issue so common that Modern Driveline redesigned a totally new extension housing for the Mustang T-5 placing the shift box about a couple inches forward. Very well done product and it's direct plug & play. All info is on their web site. I'll try to include a few pics of what it looks like in my 64 F100 with 1990 Mustang T-5.  I made an adapter to allow the use of a 66 Fairlane? shifter.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3467de92-9ac3-4373-9396-c355.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ab5c9799-04d2-4027-817f-35ae.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/69da0384-fd02-4530-b411-ceb8.jpg

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
It doesn't look like B&M make a shifter for a T5.

I don't think there will be a shifter that will work,since the shifter is in the way, before even installing a handle.  The seat will need to be modified or a tailhousing, that relocates the shifter, installed.

Maybe search ebay for oem shifters for cars that came with T5s to see if one might work.

Lawrenceville, GA
Rono
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I had no idea that MDL was making those. They are very close to where I live in Idaho. I already cut the hole in the floor of my coupe for the stock shifter location for my T-5, but had I known earlier maybe a bench seat would still be an option. Guess I could always weld in the hole if I could get the curvature right!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I don't think it would have been possible for this truck without the MDL extension housing. The 1" adapter between the trans and bell housing moved the trans another inch back and I require the seat to be close to full forward. The flat stub shift on the trans makes it convenient to secure your own home designed stick where you need it. If it weren't for the MDL housing and one needed to have the shift box in the forward position, the choice was the scrubrolet S-10 trans This trans is no where near as strong as the Mustang GT T-5 and it (S-10) has retios more suited for truck use.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Look at this on eBay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F162141880793
Use this. We have a member that has a T5 and this is the shifter he used to clear the bench seat. Also Hurst makes a shift handle made to clear bench seats.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter