Profile Picture

upgrade to '57 distributor and intake

Posted By 55ebird 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a 1955 T Bird with stock 292. I have acquired a '57 intake manifold and need to know which new carburetor to purchase. I'd like to use a '57 T-Bird air cleaner with the new carb. Is that possible?
I also have what appears to be a 1957 distributor with tach drive. The part # on the distributor is EJ 12127 A2. However, i don't see that part # listed on Mummert's list of desirable distributors. Is it the right distributor for the upgrade?
Thanks for your help.

Steve

Steve
55ebird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)Supercharged (99 reputation)

It's hell getting old! Just looked at the distributor with a magnifying glass. The part # is FEJ 12127 not EJ 12127 as i had originally posted. Mummert lists 1957-59 distributors that are desirable as FEH or FEJ so i am still wondering if what i have is good for the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Steve
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 minute ago
2 or 4v?

Remove the distributor cap.  If you see advance springs, its not what you want to use.  If you do not see advance springs, it is what you want.

Lawrenceville, GA
55ebird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Charlie. It has no springs visible. I'm wanting to use a 4v carb and manifold...…….looking at  the Summit M2008 Series Carburetors, 500cfm.

Steve
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
FEJ 12127 A2 is original to a 1957 BIRD 292/312 Tach Drive

It is Dual Advance.

Service PN is B7S 12127-A if needed.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter