Profile Picture

FLEXPLATE SERVICE DETAILS

Posted By KULTULZ 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Sigh, a time when they thought it was cheaper to make 3 rings than the shorter bolts. Sad

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The 2 Replacements I have used had the Rings used as Spacers between the Bolts and the Flexplate. Because the replacement is much Thinner than the Original the Bolts may catch on the Block if not spaced back using the Rings. I assume they also act as a re-inforcement for the centre of the Flexplate.

Did the kit have instructions as to assembly sequence or did you just assemble as such?
A replacement cap screw(s) was also released in the 58 model run. This may also be described in the missing SERVICE LETTER. They may have also been released for the new 58 model flex-plate but the MPC shows retro-fit.

With the three reinf rings assembled to the outside of the plate, how tight was plate against the convertor housing when attaching?

oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
There were no Instructions with the Repro. I got a hold of Macs for Information. That was the Response. All Plates go on the Transmission Side. Not 100% sure but I don't think the Rings will fit over the Crankshaft Flange. I used the replacement on the Car I sold and when I pulled my current One apart this Winter it also had the replacement Flex Plate Someone else installed. Same thing. 3 Rings on Transmission Side of Flex Plate. No problem with Clearance around the outside and installing the Converter Nuts was same as original.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter