Profile Picture

Pertronix Ignitor III wiring

Posted By Lawrence Petty 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Have a 292 Y-Block and have installed a Pertronix Ignitor III in my distributor and am using their coil.  To initially wire this to start engine and check system where do I put
the positive wire from the coil - to the Starter Solenoid "I" terminal or where?  As I do not have a keyed switch set up, only a remote starter.  Just engine in the frame right now
Gene Purser
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If you have the correct coil with the ohms rating specified by Pertronix, you will just hook the coil to the battery positive post or any connection off of it. The "I" terminal on the solenoid is only hot when in the crank position. It is intended to by-pass a resistor if one is used.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter