Profile Picture

Odd distributor mount... what is this about?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Does anyone recognize this distributor and its mount to the block boss? I realize it is an HEI but the bottom of the distributor where the keeper mounts to the housing looks very different... almost seems as if there are two keepers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb5VwFFqCfs

looks odd

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 37 seconds ago
The heads and intake are from south America. I don't know if that affects the distributor too. The mounting boss does look different. I'm wondering if its a conversion for a non Y-block distributor. Looks like it sets an Inch or so off the block.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I think what you are seeing is an MSD HEI dist with an alum cast/billet hldwn bracket.

What I am pondering is the CCV System he has.

The heads and intake are from south America. I don't know if that affects the distributor too. The mounting boss does look different.

AHA!

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
It's an adapter of some sort.  It's a GM style HEI.  The distributor bodies for aftermarket Ford GM style distributors are too short to fit without some sort of spacer because of their large diameter.  It looks like it would be even worse on the SA version because of the port layout.
I was involved in an attempt to make one available and it was determined that it wasn't worth it because a lot of the more expensive components would be Y-Block specific and therefore low production and high cost.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter