Profile Picture

intake manifold

Posted By capelo 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi, I do not know if this is the right place to do the consultation, the fact is that I need a four barrels intanke manifold, I had thought about Mummert, but I have been waiting for more than a month since it seems that they do not have stock and They do not tell me when they will have, someone knows where to find one of the same characteristics, thank you
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
This is the correct Forum for these Types of questions. Check Ebay for "Blue Thunder" Manifold. They CLAIM  that theirs is superior vs the Mummert Manifold. I believe their Price is higher though.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
From what I know I don't think there is much comparison between them. John Mummert has been pursuing improvements on his intake since the first one hit his bench. Each new casting is an evolution in flow. Also John is an avid Y-Block guy that has been creating parts for our favorite engine for years. His aluminum heads for example and stroker package. Not to mention the amount of advice he and his son both give out for no fee. When I'm looking for Y-Block specific non-stock parts I always go to Mummert even if he is a little more expensive at times I think he deserves our support for all he's done.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Performance wise, Blue Thunder and Mummert are very close, with the Mummert intake possibly having the edge.

Blue thunder do make improvements.  They got rid of the slot in a more recent version and it sounds like they may add dimples or ridges on the plenum floor, soon.

In this thread, you can see an earlier version with the slot, http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic133096.aspx.
Ted wrote an article in the last year or two testing a Blue thunder modified with dimples and without the slot.  I can look at my issues to see which but Ted might know right away when he sees this.  With that mod, the two intakes are extremely close.

One possible benefit of the Blue thunder is the inclusion of the exhaust passage under the plenum, which may be beneficial to those in cooler climates.  That also may contribute to the additional expense - more aluminum and probably more complex tooling.

I do see used Blue Thunders on eBay once in a while, sometimes priced very reasonably.

Lawrenceville, GA
2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
the exhaust passage is a must hear in bc/ canada. have a 57ford manifold 4v, holley runs great sept to june, summer i ty the heat riser open no cold start bogs
se a elect choke. the blue thunder would be my choice,but the ford manifold works great
capelo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

MoonShadow (5/14/2019)
From what I know I don't think there is much comparison between them. John Mummert has been pursuing improvements on his intake since the first one hit his bench. Each new casting is an evolution in flow. Also John is an avid Y-Block guy that has been creating parts for our favorite engine for years. His aluminum heads for example and stroker package. Not to mention the amount of advice he and his son both give out for no fee. When I'm looking for Y-Block specific non-stock parts I always go to Mummert even if he is a little more expensive at times I think he deserves our support for all he's done.

I have nothing against, the issue is that it has been over a month without stock of intakes and they do not tell me a specific date to have it and I have a lot of material waiting for shipping ....
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
There are no Blue Thunder Manifolds available on Ebay either. Seller sold 5 recently.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
That's true. John is often behind on his stock of parts. Part of dealing with the person that has them made. If you are waiting for parts you may have to go to Blue Thunder or get lucky and find a used one.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Genuinerod
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a new Blue Thunder manifold that I bought about 10 years ago and never installed.  I will sell it for $400.00 plus shipping.
capelo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Genuinerod (5/15/2019)
I have a new Blue Thunder manifold that I bought about 10 years ago and never installed.  I will sell it for $400.00 plus shipping.

thanks, I'm waiting for a reply

Reading This Topic

Site Meter