Profile Picture

56 power steering cylinder

Posted By RB 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Does anyone know how much difference there is between the 56 full size and the T-bird cylinder.. The T-bird are available on the shelf rebuilt, the full size need to be sent off to return who knows when... I tried putting a seal kit in mine, resulting in abject failure and a nice spray of fluid under the car. The catalog pictures of them look identical
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
The Original Application used the same Cylinder for Car and T Bird. Late 55 and 56 use the same Cylinder.The end where the Small Hoses screw in is cast as part of the Cylinder..National Parts Depot ( NPD) has brand new not rebuilt Cylinders for $250.00 for the 56 T-Birds. They should work on Cars as far as I can tell.. I just checked into this myself as mine was leaking. I found a rebuilder who did mine and had it back in a Week.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
RB
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The rebuilder I checked was nearly the cost of the NPD new one...It's finally car driving time around here and this thing has been on jackstands getting worked on all winter..  I may go for the T-bird unit and take a chance
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
After finding that years ago my full size had been remachined for some available seals I could no longer find (non-Ford) I stepped up for a new one. It felt a lot better than the one I had showing me I probably needed a bushing too.
I had the new one installed in about 15 minutes and it has worked perfect with no leaks. I bought it from Concours Parts in Carson City Nv. beause I have done business with them and like the help they have been.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
mgcookwv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Who's your rebuilder Mark, if you care to share?
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I am in Canada so not really helpful for You.  Cost Me less than $100.00 US$ and had it back in a Week. So far I have had the Cylinder and Control Valve repaired, and replaced all the Hoses. Only thing left is the Pump and so far its been OK.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter