Profile Picture

56 power steering cylinder

Posted By RB 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Does anyone know how much difference there is between the 56 full size and the T-bird cylinder.. The T-bird are available on the shelf rebuilt, the full size need to be sent off to return who knows when... I tried putting a seal kit in mine, resulting in abject failure and a nice spray of fluid under the car. The catalog pictures of them look identical
oldcarmark
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 19 minutes ago
The Original Application used the same Cylinder for Car and T Bird. Late 55 and 56 use the same Cylinder.The end where the Small Hoses screw in is cast as part of the Cylinder..National Parts Depot ( NPD) has brand new not rebuilt Cylinders for $250.00 for the 56 T-Birds. They should work on Cars as far as I can tell.. I just checked into this myself as mine was leaking. I found a rebuilder who did mine and had it back in a Week.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b9ec8c4e-313b-486f-b1b0-422e.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  
RB
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)Supercharged (953 reputation)

The rebuilder I checked was nearly the cost of the NPD new one...It's finally car driving time around here and this thing has been on jackstands getting worked on all winter..  I may go for the T-bird unit and take a chance
DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
After finding that years ago my full size had been remachined for some available seals I could no longer find (non-Ford) I stepped up for a new one. It felt a lot better than the one I had showing me I probably needed a bushing too.
I had the new one installed in about 15 minutes and it has worked perfect with no leaks. I bought it from Concours Parts in Carson City Nv. beause I have done business with them and like the help they have been.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
mgcookwv
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

Who's your rebuilder Mark, if you care to share?
oldcarmark
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)Supercharged (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 19 minutes ago
I am in Canada so not really helpful for You.  Cost Me less than $100.00 US$ and had it back in a Week. So far I have had the Cylinder and Control Valve repaired, and replaced all the Hoses. Only thing left is the Pump and so far its been OK.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b9ec8c4e-313b-486f-b1b0-422e.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter